Refurbishment & Field Service Engineer
March 13, 2018 – Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This position is responsible for the repair and refurbishment of Plasma Etch equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs electrical and mechanical troubleshooting for semiconductor equipment in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions.
- Must be able to research and find documentation on older tools.
- Perform equipment disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and setup.
- Maintains accurate records and logs of work performed, modifications, calibration, adjustments and parts inventory.
- Maintains clean and organized workspace.
- Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Experience with mechanical and electro optical components.
- Experience with Vacuum systems preferred.
- May perform equipment installations and de-installations at customer facilities.
- May performs Field Service as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Two year electronics degree or five years wafer fab equivalent work experience required.
- BSME or BSEE preferred.
- Trouble shooting and component board level repair a plus.
- Precision mechanical repair a plus.
- Trained on Plasmatherm, Oxford , SPTS, or other semiconductor wafer equipment
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skilled at performing work with high attention to detail, meticulous and quality focused.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently from general instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Must possess valid U.S. Passport, and be able to travel on short notice. Up to 30% travel may be required.