Field Services Support Specialist
The role of the Field Services Support Specialist (FSSS) is to provide service and support for ClassOne customers by performing all aspects of interface between our Customers, Field Service personnel which includes order management, supporting field service operations, supervising and communicating with technicians, ensuring that customer issues are addressed in a timely manner, and direct communications with the Customer. The FSSS serves as the first line of response for Customer Support and maintains trustful Customer relationships. The Field Service specialist will work within the guidelines, established by the Service Manager and will follow the established procedures when representing ClassOne.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Employees are expected to support the Company’s business principles and values by demonstrating honesty, integrity, loyalty, accountability and
superior customer service as well as by contributing at optimum levels toward the success of the company.
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following;
- Assist Field Service Manager with dispatching procedures for field service personnel.
- Assist Field Service Manager to oversee successful completion of all field service assignments.
- Monitor installation progress and provide support to field service personnel as needed.
- Participate in on-call/afterhours support rotation which can include weekends as needed.
- Manage all service contractor paperwork as needed.
- Assist with reported customer warranty cases and report into the Field Service Manager.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues by communicating with other team members as necessary.
- Provide the Operations and Production Department with recommendations to improve
- Quality Assurance & Control procedures based on feedback from Field Service cases.
- Manage online database to track all field service costs and update the field service status on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to source parts needed for customer warranty, installation and service as needed.
- Monitor and coordinate parts that require evaluation and repair at factory or at vendor facility for the Service Department.
- Actively track warranty shipments (to and from customer sites) managing any delays with FedEx, UPS, DHL etc.
- Issue and Coordinate material returns and credits for customer orders and sales inquiries.
- Create and issue Formal Quotes for the Service Department as needed.
- Assist with the logistics of developing Spare Parts Kits and other service products for the Service Department as needed.
- Assist in management of service orders to ensure that orders are billed in a timely manner.
- Conduct phone and / or email surveys for post field service jobs with customers and field service personnel.
- Book contractor and / or FSE travel as needed.
- Handle Damage Claim with shipping companies and company insurance as needed.
- Answer incoming phone inquiries and respond to customer requests as needed.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of Equipment Refurbishment orders from order entry to order delivery, which includes processing orders, proactively communicating the refurbishment progress, estimated ship dates, and shipment delays, and facilitating order fulfillment situations that impact the customer by collaborating with other departments.
- Assist with coordinating customer factory site visits as needed.
- Coordinate with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and our customers.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Work requires continual attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google programs.
- Highly efficient communicator, responding to customers effectively and quickly (same day or very next day) either via email or telephone.
- Team player who helps to create a result focused and motivating team environment.
- Must display a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Possesses fundamental technical knowledge of the complex workings of semiconductor process equipment.
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge.
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Must be willing to think outside the box with excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Background in Semiconductor industry and Field Service Engineering preferred.
- Associate degree or Technical Background and 4-7 years of experience in a related field or position.