Field Service Engineer & Customer Technical Support; Particle Scan Systems
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This position is responsible for Customer Technical Support and Field Service on KLA Tencor Surfscan and other Particle Scan systems used in semiconductor and related technologies. Candidates must be willing and able to learn quickly. ClassOne Equipment will provide initial training on Particle Scan systems. Salary depends on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Position is based in Atlanta, GA and requires ability to travel (up to 50%).
- Maintain KLA Tencor Surfscan and other Particle Scan Machine at ClassOne Equipment cleanroom.
- Run customer demonstration wafers.
- Travel to customer facilities to install equipment, perform customer training, or perform equipment service and repairs.
- Serve as Customer Technical Support for Particle Scan Systems by phone, email, and in person.
- Communicate with factory as needed to address machine concerns.
- Log daily written pass down reports detailing work accomplished, issues found, and
- Performs electrical and mechanical troubleshooting for semiconductor equipment in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions.
- Assists with KLA and other Metrology equipment maintenance and refurbishment
- Perform equipment disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and setup.
- Maintains accurate records and logs of work performed, modifications, calibration, adjustments and parts inventory.
- Maintains clean and organized workspace and takes ownership of cleanroom organization.
- Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Experience with mechanical and electronic, and optical components.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Two-year electronics degree or five years wafer fab equivalent work experience required.
- BSME or BSEE preferred.
- Trouble shooting and component board level repair a plus.
- Precision mechanical repair a plus.
- Excellent communication and people skills required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to speak and read Japanese is a plus.
- Skilled at performing work with high attention to detail, meticulous and quality focused.
- Able to deal with frequent changes, unexpected events, or work long hours when needed.
- Must possess valid U.S. Passport and Driver’s License
- Must be able to travel on short notice. Up to 50% travel may be required.